Philadelphia Country Club is home to a tradition that began in 1890 when a group of prominent Philadelphians, led by John C. Bullitt, came together to create what would become the finest Country Club in the Tri-state area. Philadelphia Country Club is highly regarded throughout the area, and in the Country Club community, as a premier club.
Once referred to only as “the Country Club”, Philadelphia Country Club, originally located at the Belmont Plateau in Philadelphia, has maintained and expanded its deep-rooted Main Line tradition, keeping with standards found only in the finest clubs in North America. At its inception, Philadelphia Country Club had a focus on Polo, the more traditional sport of the time, which is why our symbol remains a horse head.
In the early 1920’s, Golf started growing as a gentleman’s sport, shifting the focus from Polo. In 1924, seeking a means to have a Championship Golf course, the land on which our Clubhouse now stands was purchased. Eventually, additional land was purchased, a new Clubhouse built, and Gladwyne became our permanent home. At this location, Philadelphia Country Club hosted the 1939 U.S. Open, was the home of the 2003 US Women’s Amateur Championship, and was used during the match play portion of the 2005 US Amateur Championship.
Our Clubhouse dates from 1957, but has undergone a major renovation project covering the Club in its entirety, from Member locker rooms, to our elegant banquet and à la carte dining facilities and the Golf course. Great care was taken to preserve the historical grace of times past, and yet provide all the comfort and beauty of the 21st century. Scrupulous consideration was placed on preserving that which came before while moving forward. Welcome to Philadelphia Country Club; let our tradition and expertise make your special event unforgettable.
1601 Spring Mill Road || Gladwyne, PA 19035 || United States || (610) 525-6000 || email@example.com
Trouble with this website? email: firstname.lastname@example.org